At the end of the month I will be starting my senior year of college! AH! I felt like this day would never come as a freshmen, but it has arrived. I’ve done a lot during my time at my univeristy (such as joining clubs, starting a job, hanging out with friends, and studying abroad twice) but there is still SO much I want to experience! Here are 18 things I want to do before I graduate in 2018!
My Senior Year Bucket List
- Go to as many football games as possible! Football is a big deal at my university and I usually only go to a couple each season. So this year I want to go to as many as I can!
- Go to a swimming event! I have never been to one and would love to see one!
- Go to a gymnastics event! I have never been to one and would love to see one!
- Go to as many baseball games as I can! I LOVE my univeristy’s baseball games, and I never go to as many as I say I will. This year is going to be different since it will be the last year I can go as a student!
- Go Pond Hopping! This is a weird univeristy tradition where you get your feet wet in every pond on campus! I haven’t done it yet and I would love to before I graduate.
- Celebrate Halloween all October long! This one may seem silly, but this is my last year of living with my roommates. Before we lived together a couple years ago we all got together on Halloween and spent the whole day watching scary movies. While we said we would do the same once we all lived together, our schedules kept us from doing this. Now I am determined to celebrate all month long with them watching movies and tv shows!
- Get accepted into Grad School! This is probably the most serious one on the list. Beginning in September I’ll start the process of writing personal statements, applications, and taking the GRE to apply to grad school. I am nervous about this but I am confident that I have the help and support I need to do well!
- Go to church more! Since middle school and high school I really haven’t gone to church. I still believe in God and everything, I have just gotten lazy about participating. But since coming to Chile I have started to feel reconnected to God, especially since my roommate invited me to so many church events. Now I feel reinvigorated about attending church and maybe giving a bible study a try!
- Try new hobbies! Lately I have been thinking a lot about trying bird watching and bullet journaling (kind of random, I know, haha). Although it might be hard to find time for things like this between school and work and blogging, I really like the idea of doing something different in my daily routine and to relax.
- Read before bed! I’ve always loved reading but since college I haven’t read very much. There are so many books that I want to read, I just need to be more disciplined about it! It’s also bad to be on your phone before bed, and with an 8 am in the fall I can’t risk a bad nights sleep!
- Have an exercise schedule! This is also that might be hard with class, work, and anything else I am trying to do on this list but it is definitely a priority! In the past when I have exercised daily I noticed better focus, a better mood, and a lot of other improvements! I have even missed working out while I have been in Chile, so I am excited to start again when I get home!
- Attend the Bonfire Memorial! This is one of the more somber traditions. On November 18th, 1999 the bonfire collapsed and killed 12 students. Now every year students attend the Bonfire Memorial to remember those we have lost. I haven’t gone before because the memorial is held at 2:42 in the morning (when the bonfire collapsed in 1999), but this year it is taking place on a Saturday so I will be there!
- Go on the Elephant Walk! This is a happier tradition! Every year seniors get together and take an “elephant walk” around campus to remember all of the good times they have had there! I am really excited for this one!
- Continue to get a better handle on my anxiety! While my anxiety is leaps and bounds better than it was two years ago, I still have a ways to go. I do not do well with changes and it is easy for me to feel stressed. It is important for to have this under control so I don’t worry about it as often and so I can face any changes life brings me with confidence.
- BLOG MORE! Obviously! I really enjoyed doing the challenge back in June and continue to want to blog more. The more I blog the more I love it and the more blogging ideas I have! I have so many ideas and cannot wait to share them with the blogging community!
- Spend quality time with my friends! This is my last year at my univeristy, and it may be my last year in Texas! Because of this I want to spend as much time with my friends and family as possible!
- Try new recipes! Last year I started cooking more and I am excited to keep cooking and trying new things! I may even share what I cook on the blog!
- HAVE A GREAT SENIOR YEAR!
Do you have a bucket list or big goals for this school year? For the semester? For the month? Join me and let’s explore our goals!